Monday, April 7, 2014

Sometimes I wonder why GOD created two nostrils. He could have created a big hole instead, just like we have single opening for mouth. Out of weird curiosity (I have that problem), I searched on the internet to find that we have been blessed with two ears, two eyes and two nostrils so that we can sense and feel our surrounding from every angle without any bias. But sometimes these sensory organs can really take a toll on us. We feel like shutting/shunning them for few seconds, in case of horrible sight, bad remarks, uncomfortable sensation, foul smell etc. Let me give one example, I won’t divert from the topic I promise..is it?( I question)Umm..hmm ..lets see

Few days ago I was coming with my office mates after attending a Coorgi colleague’s engagement. We devoured pork chilly, mutton cutlet and other delicacies like a savage never knowing the consequences. With overburdened stomach and no place to empty my bowel pressure, I was squirming on my seat and contracting my butt-cheeks to avoid any air pass. Whoa…what is this smell? I sniffed like a dog. I didn’t do this, I asked myself nervously. I would have definitely known if I would have farted, I assured myself with a grin. Air-conditioned car had played a good host by perfectly circulating the deadly smell within the space. I looked at others; they were sitting with one hand on their nose pretending as if nothing happened. No body laughed or reacted, either we wanted to act maturely or we were too formal to discuss it or no one wanted to embarrass the manager by saying “what is this smell, boss”?  Giving respect to his bodily reaction I controlled my laughter. I rolled down my window and stretched my neck outside; I badly needed the fresh air. 

Well, this type of smell is still acceptable as this is an involuntary action. C’mon farting is not a crime, we all do this. But certain smells are inexcusable. I commute to office by public buses. With no place to sit, most of the times I end up holding the hanger, like other co-passengers. I must say that few people have weapons hidden under their armpits. With their raised hands these sweaty killers gets activated and bombard its unwanted fragrance all over the innocent people. Due to jerking many times I have landed up brushing my nose at their armpits. I can’t describe how eerie feeling it is; dangerous enough to give me goose bumps. Poor me, with one hand on the hanger and other holding my bag I don’t have luxury to shun my nose. I just shake my head for seconds to ooze my brain stop feeling the reeky smell. If it is in the evening it is still ok but early morning that too in AC Volvo bus how come they get drenched? Do their sweaty glands extra productive or they do marathon in the morning? I sometime feel like screaming “Uncle/dude is your ears and eyes receptive towards deodorant ads”? “Don’t you take bath”. “Can’t you smell the smell on yours? Few times it has also happened that I have to duck up my neck to avoid tiny droplets of sweat running from co passenger’s forehead targeting me.

Every morning becomes a nightmare by thinking of catching the public. Every time I am greeted with stinky people I feel “why did I take bath if I have to reach office with their carry over odor? Recently I bought strawberry flavored..(Wait a sec, before you think something else ;) shower gel. Every morning I lather myself with this cleansing gel to feel clean, fresh and subtly scented. To ice on the top, I dab few drops of ittar at the back of my earlobes but the bathing ritual goes in vain the moment my fragrance mixes up with the stinky smell to produce sweet foul smell.
Here comes the office, I sighed with an extra tinge of melodrama on my face.
It is my daily habit (good one!) to call my mother once I reach the office.
Heyy mom, why is your voice shaking? I asked with a concern.
Your maternal uncle is suffering from acute kidney problem, she sobbed at the other end.
I felt bad by hearing the news, not because he is my uncle and I love him but I had misjudged him. I remembered few instances where I had embarrassed him by commenting upon the bad odor whenever he was around. Today when my mother told that it is not due to poor hygiene he smells bad but the toxin accumulated inside his body due to improper kidney functioning. I searched on the net that day to find that there are n numbers of reasons behind peoples’ body odor even if they maintain proper cleanliness. This can happen to anyone at any stage of life.
That evening while returning in bus I was thinking, what if few people I have cursed during my morning encounters have some other problem? Thinking this for long had created a strange sympathy towards them (I really doubt that this will last for long though).
Anyways, I came from the drudgery. The news had disturbed me and after having a heaving thinking throughout the day I was mentally exhausted. I wanted to relax. What should I do? I asked myself.
Watch a movie..no laptop again
Talk to a friend..what if they are busy? It is weekday
Read novel..hmm not in a mood.
All of a sudden I remembered the episode from friends where Chandelier takes bubble bath to relax. Why not pamper myself? I thought excitedly.

I prepared the hot tub, garnished it with rose petals (thanks to my boyfriend) and flavored it with few drops of rosewater. In a typical filmy style I arranged candles in the bathroom for a nice comfortable glow and switched on my favorite music. I stepped in the water and with every drop of water embracing me helped me reduce all the stress. After laying in the tub for an hour like a dead body I was feeling so rejuvenated. I wanted to forget everything, my work, my commuting troubles, and my mechanical life. I emerged out of the water stress-free; it not only provided deep relaxation but was therapeutic to my body. After ages I slept like a baby, without any worldly worries.

I was enlightened from the last night as how to achieve salvation if I am super tired, find solace in comfortable warm water!!!!

Next morning as usual I was waiting for the bus to catch.

This post is written for Indiblogger and Racold contest. to get connected to Racold, visit their facebook page- https://www.facebook.com/racoldthermoltd


No comments:

Post a Comment